HDR Software Questions

rap1133

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For the last few weeks, I have been trying out the trial versions of Photomatix and the Nik HDR software. At the present, I think I am leaning toward a purchase of the Nik product however, would really appreciate any input. Also, I've been using the Topaz Adjust software. I realize the Topaz product is not true HDR but wondered if any used it in addition to what they do with either Topaz or Nik. I also use Lightroom 3 and CS5 as part of my workflow in photography.
Thanks for any input.
Ron

If you spent a few minutes browsing the HDR forum you will find your answers and a whole lot more. Im not the police, I am a bit of a dickhead, but really, this question has been asked and answered many times. After having tried the trial versions of different products are you going to leave it up to strangers to make your decision which product you want to get? Topaz make nice add on products to make your outputs look different. Some better, some not so much. If you want advice, stick with Photomatix and Photoshop and if you are a rich guy buy the rest as well. Nik has an interesting approach to pixel pushing and its a consistent interface for each product. Each will give a different look to your images. But you have to decide what that look is.

Both are really great roducts but both look totally different even when trying to match looks
Photomatix is softer more film like (even though In don't like to use that analogy)
HDR efex Pro is more detailed, Which can be good or bad.
Photomatix's Merge and deghosting is much better than HDR Efex Pro
HDR Efex's has Control points

Both are great just different flavors of Ice Cream

I have Topaz Adjust 5, But I am not a fan of using it ontop of HDR. But certainly many peope do. But I am a very Natural Look shooter so

Nik HDR Efex Pro – Review

Product Review: Topaz Labs – Adjust 5

HDRsoft Releases Photomatix Pro 4.1

I use photomatix . I tried HDR pro and yes they are both different. There are times that's would like to still have her pro for certain looking effects that photomatix can not accomplish. Maybe I will purchase it when feel the need. I also have topaz adjust and Denoise. I really don't use topaz adjust so much hardly ever. I however do use toaz Denoise as her can create noisy images. In place of topaz adjust I use nik color effex it is way more pricey and does a really good job adding filters to your HDR image. I really like that you have control points if topaz had this it would be much better.So I think it really depends on what your look is. Of you want natural her looking images forget about plugins. If you want cartoonish looking images plug inns are the way to go.

I am sorry, I'd done a search and obviously missed some of the posts on the topic. I'll do my best to be more careful with my searches and questions in the future. I know how maddening it can be to see the same question posted over and over.

You might also try Photoengine by Oleno, it is very realistic, if that is your goal but can be "tweak" and is very fast. They also have a trial version as well as a new "lite" version.

Hi,
Im new to the forum, but I've been at the photo and hdr thing for a while. I use photomatix and nik, and while I prefer the interface of nik, photomatix is still my go to. It seems to produce more consistent and desirable results. I use other nik and Topaz plugins along with photoshops tools for what photomatix might lack.

Sent from my BNTV250 using Tapatalk

Why don't people ever recommend Luminance HDR or ImageFuser? ImageFuser produces the most realistic HDR because it doesn't tone map but rather dynamically chooses data from the stack, while Luminance HDR offers more than one tone mapping option with complete control over each algorithm. Oh. And they're all free.

Most reactions

Back