HDR. The new Portrait Trend?

Thanks. HDR gives the shooter many creative opportunities.

i'll say i dont really like HDR portraiture. it give everyone a really dirty plastic look in my opinion... but i usually like tastefully done landscapes and things like that, i just feel like sometimes people abuse the power that HDR gives them, lol

Thanks!

It is an acquired taste I think.

The search tool above is your friend.

I made this one about 6 months ago,

10.jpg

You can get a very similar look to this by just doing a "paint with light" layer.

it looks fine in B&W .. but if this was colour I would repeat what I said regarding HDR portrait ;)

but as i said... this is purely my personal taste. :)

Let me see if I have time tomorrow between placing orders with the labs and a few shoots to dig something up. Painting with light onto black and white will not give EXACTLY this as there won't be quite as much detail, but definitely, definitely you can get close. Have you seen joeyl.com? It reminds me of that type of work which if I am not mistaken is done with painting with light.

I actually prefer the painting with light stuff over this because this looks a bit blurry - in the hair...

Yes, I'm intrigued about this "painting with light" layer.

Thanks for that Joey Lawrence link.
He's only 17! :shock:
Good for him!

He shot a portrait of one of (IMO from what i've seen) Canada's best wedding photographers. I forget what his name is, i'll remember it.

But yeah, damn good.

Yeah, JoeyL was the one that turned me onto the simple fact that I need to relax about PS and do whatever I feel like doing with it. I had so many people telling me I shouldn't PS my images because then I am faking my talent.

So once I saw his work, I thought - screw that... let me do what *I* want to do and who cares what others thinks.

So once I saw his work, I thought - screw that... let me do what *I* want to do and who cares what others thinks.

Excellent thinking.

Most reactions

Back