HDR try

NTD Photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was captured in Singapore. Just a little HDR try. Please be kind enough to show my mistakes in this photograph....

15 copy.jpg

"Mistakes" are really subjective. Technically, the image is focused, nicely composed and acceptably exposed. As far as the processing and HDR aspect; that's purely individual taste. I do not particularly like this sort of processing, but I recognize that it is quite popular.

"Mistakes" are really subjective. Technically, the image is focused, nicely composed and acceptably exposed. As far as the processing and HDR aspect; that's purely individual taste. I do not particularly like this sort of processing, but I recognize that it is quite popular.

Thank you sir for sharing your valuable thoughts... What your suggestions to improve my HDR knowledge. I don't know anything about HDR photography accept tone mapping them using photomatrix. So please be kind enough to help me..

For me, the image is very flat, and doesn't have that "pop" factor.

Thank you sir for sharing your valuable thoughts... What your suggestions to improve my HDR knowledge. I don't know anything about HDR photography accept tone mapping them using photomatrix. So please be kind enough to help me..

There is always youtube. There are tons of videos on there about HDR and tonemapping. What I would consider a good HDR image (JUST MY OPINION) is one that you can't tell it is multiple images pulled together.

In the above example, you need to work on the strip of store windows in the middle of the scene. It is really bright to me. Also, be careful to not cause halos around the buildings in the sky area. (You didn't do this but it is close, in my opinion).

The two buildings "in the sky area, " with the greenish roofs look drawn in. The cloudy day may make such clear background buildings even more odd. They need a little noise or something. And the curvature of the roof of the tall center building looks too pixilated in the small version so if you use that version for something try to optimize it less or something.

My biggest complain is the two toned sky... Part is blue, and part is grey. And that doesn't make sense. Technically it's not bad-- good focus, reasonably good HDR processing (a bit overdone for my taste), good lighting, etc. BUT. Artistically? It's boring. There's nothing in the image that captivates me.

Jake

Most reactions

Back