HDR

casegrl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What program is most user friendly??

Photomatix is the go to program as far as I know.

Photoshop does a really good job rendering the HDR. Its fast and accurate.

However, unless you have photoshop CS5 the HDR toning is really weak, and to be honest its not even that strong in CS5.

Heres what I personally do, I render the HDR (or create it) in photoshop, and then leave it as a 32bit file. I save it as an Open EXR.
Then I open it up in Luminance, which is a free HDR software with a bunch of different presets, and adjustable ways to tonemap your HDR file.

I use Photomatix. I have CS5 and I was really not impressed at all, but then again I should probably give it another go to judge it fairly

I have CS5, Photomatix and HDR Efex Pro. I have used them all, but I prefer HDR Efex Pro because of the control it gives me with their Control Point technology. There are a few others such as Oloneo, Artizan, Dynamic Photo, etc. and some free ones - Best Free High Dynamic Range (HDR) Software. As to which one is "the most user friendly", well I think a lot depends on the use (I am not trying to be sarcastic here), what might be user friendly for me, may not be use friendly for you - I find HDR Efex Pro user friendly because of the Control Point facility, but then I have no problem running Photomatix either. For the three that I have used, I guess CS5 is the "friendliest", but, in my opinion, it is not the best - as I have said I prefer HDR Efex Pro.

You can download a copy of both Photomatix and HDR Efex Pro and try them to see which one you like. It is also possible that you can down load versions of some of the other software, but I have no experience with them. My 0.02¢, FWIW.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

photomatix

PhotoEngine by Oloneo.
Regards, Murray

HDR Efex Pro by Nik Software is the best and most user friendly option I've seen. As with most things in life, just because something is the most popular choice (Photomatix) doesn't mean a thing about it being the best. No one out there can touch Nik's Control Point Technology, that acts like a photoshop brush on steroids.

Check it out.

Link to HDR Efex Pro:

I use Photomatrix Pro and love it. Before that I had Photomatrix Essentials 3, it's a simpler program, costs just $39, and produces excellent HDR Images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back