HDR'S WITHOUT HALOS ( COAST OF DELLIMARA )

deggimatt

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Edited the sky to remove the halos from most of the photos.

small%20222.jpg

small%2022222.jpg

small%2022222222222222.jpg

small....jpg

small00.jpg

small111.jpg

small8.jpg

WOAHNOW! That is just out of control! is that taken from 1 RAW file or was that multiple exposures? :D

Yes.. all are taken with one raw converted to multiple exposures.

Thank you ashfordphoto

Thank you for your feedback gizmo

as I'm looking more, I do have some questions regarding composition on 3. The bottom and left corners of the building are cropped off, while there is a lot of space (including power lines) on the right corner. is this the composition you were going for?

On the right of the castle there where modern villas so they will be ugly in the photo. And I also didn't want to center the castle. The power lines on the right came out when removing halos.

Deggimatt

VERY NICE!
that is something i would love to learn to do. very inspiring1

I've got to be honest, I'm not too keen on any of them, the sky looks noisy on most of them or goes from being very bright to very dark. The first and third look the closest to being realistic but the third one has a funny green line going down the right hand side of the building.

I'm a firm beliver that true HDR cannot be done from one exposure as it introduces too much noise (especially at %100 viewing, on websize you can sometimes get away with it), and you can't capture a high enough dynamic range in one exposure to do it justice - if you could there would be no need for a HDR function in software to merge multiple images.

Sorry for sounding so negative, as digital creations they are interesting but as true HDR they don't do it for me. I've just been looking in to HDR for ages now and its very rare that anyone manages to use it to its full (and true) effect, which is to produce an image that is correctly exposed for a varying amount of light sources in one image so as to see it as our own eyes do. Most people see it as a way to create funky effects for some reason.

I think you'd be on to something if you did some more with multiple exposures though :)

These are also merged with the raw photos.... many of them have the the sky of the raw photo. HDR is still in the beginning. Some peaple like it some not.... in my opinion after all an HDR photo still remain a photo, its an Effect. I don't find so much difference when shooting three different raws with different exposers and when shooting one raw and change exposer manually.

Deggimatt

Much better! 4 and 6= amazing. I like your style.

Thank you william

Most reactions

Back