HEAD TURNER

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
jaaXgh0tRuCOxaAooat+Kg_thumb_9215_Fotor.jpg

Head Turner ~ STORM, A Standard Poodle gun dog is somewhat less than commonplace. Take that same dog to an upscale "shopping village" and put him at remote stay whilst holding a mallard training bumper and ye really get the yuppie's heads turning. T'is exactly what I did with gun dog trainee STORM just two days ago. Most o' the shops are "dog friendly" and allow admittance o' companion K9's. T'is a perfect place to train for obedience under loads o' distraction. Our lad STORM was quite the ambassador for the breed and he made friends with many o' the shopkeepers and the patrons whilst exhibiting grand K9 manners.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️

Wonderful. That training bumper seems to be Storm's equivalent of the "cherry on top of your summer"

Great dog! And great trainer. So many dogs could use just a few minutes a day of attention and be more well behaved companions. I taught my kids that every minute with the dog is potential training. I set rules and fortunately the family follows them. We now have a very well behaved Sheltie that can go anywhere with us.

Great dog! And great trainer. So many dogs could use just a few minutes a day of attention and be more well behaved companions. I taught my kids that every minute with the dog is potential training. I set rules and fortunately the family follows them. We now have a very well behaved Sheltie that can go anywhere with us.

Thank ye kindly. STORM will be running in his first AKC Licensed Hunt Test in August. We hope to put an AKC Junior Hunter Title on him before the fall.

Consistency is one of the most important concepts in the training of K9's and it sounds as though ye family is all on the same page. Good on ye.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

I’m sure he’ll do great, handsome guy....

STORM can't get by on his good looks at the AKC Hunt Test(s) as he will be judged specifically relative to a set standard of gun dog related skills he will need to perform on both land and in the water. He has acquired all of the skill sets needed to do so competently and should do well. It will be a matter of how well he performs in the actual hunt test environment. I have a high degree of confidence in his abilities as his trainer or I would not have recommended to his owners that we enter him at this point in time.

w5akP47qRlq89FSsMJY5JQ_thumb_92c3_Fotor.jpg

Here's a recent photograph of STORM delivering a bird to the hand of his owner Greg during a recent training session that I conducted for the two of them. Just as STORM is learning to become a competent gun dog, Greg is simultaneously learning how to competently handle his gun dog STORM under both field conditions as well as in the hunt test arena. I stress that they work together as a team and work diligently to forge them toward that objective.

Mike ☘️

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back