Heading to North Myrtle Beach....

ohbearded1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(edit: lol, I feel like a jackass, I'm actually going to Surfside...well I'm here now...anyway....)

and looking for some scenic/interesting places to visit to get some great photos and have a good time as well. Anyone have any suggestions?

This is my second year visiting, but first with my new camera. I've been to the Huntington Beach State Park and explored the awesome Atalaya Castle.

Got some great photos there with a friends camera but I'll be going back again to take more, along with traveling across the highway to the Brookgreen Gardens. Which is another piece of property owned by the same family that own Atalaya.

Last edited:
Bump with the hope of a cool place being mentioned.

Best thing to do is once you get there, talk to some locals, they will steer you to what you need.

Best thing to do is once you get there, talk to some locals, they will steer you to what you need.

haha, Obviously you haven't been to the Myrtle Beach Area!

they won't talk to you unless you are swiping your credit card across their card machine.....it's nothing but a retirement home and amusement park.

Atalaya is Cool though....did my first model shoot there. If you like historic (mostly civil war) and old architecture take the short drive down to Charleston....

(yes I live in charleston, and did more than my share of work in Myrtle)

Well, my trip is about over and I've visited a few cool places. Took some great shots at Brookgreen Gardens and visited the All Saints Cemetery (cool ghost story behind this location). We learned about this after watching a small one act play at Brookgreen Gardens telling us the story of her life and death. I'll be posting some pics soon from the trip. And yeah...what dizzyg44 said is pretty much true. lol

I've always wanted to visit Charleston, and will do so sometime in the future. Thanks for the suggestion btw.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back