Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone!

Well I've cleared out my schedule for a portion of tomorrow, and I'll be heading to the arboretum here on campus (UCD). There should be ducks, maybe a turtle or two, and plenty of plants trying to tough out the winter. Any suggestions or tips? Leave em and I'll read them all before I head out tomorrow...

I will be carrying:
- My T3i
- 18-55mm kit lens along with some 58mm filters (polarizer/uv)
- 75-300mm (maybe see some birds up in the trees)
- Tripod

My goal: Really focus/work on my composition, while also getting better at manually focusing the 75-300mm.

Look forward to seeing your tips/advice! And I will do my best to not post any duck photos when I come back...but no promises :p

Best,

Toga

Last edited:
Not really a tip, but maybe a question/suggestion: if you are going to work on manually focusing the 75-300, I would take a tripod, if you have one, because as you work towards the higher end of this lens, it might be difficult to manually focus it without a tripod for support...and good duck photos are okay by me :lol: - have fun and enjoy your time in the arboretum - looking forward to your posts.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Tip, if you are going to shoot animals and birds, make sure the eyes are in focus - but you probably already knew that.

Not really a tip, but maybe a question/suggestion: if you are going to work on manually focusing the 75-300, I would take a tripod, if you have one, because as you work towards the higher end of this lens, it might be difficult to manually focus it without a tripod for support...and good duck photos are okay by me :lol: - have fun and enjoy your time in the arboretum - looking forward to your posts.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Tip, if you are going to shoot animals and birds, make sure the eyes are in focus - but you probably already knew that.

Woops! Meant to say that I'd be bringing the tripod :p Original post modified to reflect that. Also, thanks for the tip on the eyes! I actually have been wondering where the best place to focus would be, I will definitely remember that one!

Toga

Most reactions

Back