DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would love your feedback!

Headshot Feb 2017.jpg

Being used on social media.

Well... the first thing that leaps out at me is, how do I contact you? You need telephone #, e-mail, etc. I wouldn't advertise a specific session length; aside from anything else, if you need an hour to do headshots? What happens if I'm not satisfied? Lastly, I would suggest referring to them as 'business portraits'... it has a more upscale sound to it.

Well... the first thing that leaps out at me is, how do I contact you? You need telephone #, e-mail, etc. I wouldn't advertise a specific session length; aside from anything else, if you need an hour to do headshots? What happens if I'm not satisfied? Lastly, I would suggest referring to them as 'business portraits'... it has a more upscale sound to it.

I should have clarified - this ad's usage will be on social media. So my contact info will be available when I'm posting (i.e. "message me").

You're committing to shooting head shots for a full hour.
Since you're only promising 3-5 finished photos, what if you can get it done in 15 minutes or less?

I should have clarified - this ad's usage will be on social media. So my contact info will be available when I'm posting (i.e. "message me").
Okay, and I"m a 60 year old senior lawyer who doesn't "message"...

You're committing to shooting head shots for a full hour.
Since you're only promising 3-5 finished photos, what if you can get it done in 15 minutes or less?

Good point - you both have mentioned that, so I will remove that part. Ambiguity is probably better for that, and it makes the ad simpler. And I think I'll be changing the 3-5 to 5-10 (not important).

Okay, and I"m a 60 year old senior lawyer who doesn't "message"...

Fair enough. But my target market is the people who are using social media, since that's where I'll be posting the ad. But I suppose I could at least include an email address.

a few thoughts.

edited and retouched? whats the difference? what does both get you compared to just edited OR retouched?
3-5 finished photos? as apposed to what? unfinished ones? incomplete ones?
i would combine that into "3-5 edited photos."

drop the "full 1 hour" thing or people will expect that regardless of how fast you get the shots done.
maybe "up to 1 hour" would be better.

satisfaction guarantee? how? what if they are not satisfied?

"all this for only $150" sounds like a 0300 infomercial.
im expecting to see "if you act now" or "call in the next 15 minutes and we'll double your order for free"

maybe something like...

Up to one hour session in studio or on location
packages including edited photos starting at $150.

a few thoughts.

edited and retouched? whats the difference? what does both get you compared to just edited OR retouched?
3-5 finished photos? as apposed to what? unfinished ones? incomplete ones?
i would combine that into "3-5 edited photos."

drop the "full 1 hour" thing or people will expect that regardless of how fast you get the shots done.
maybe "up to 1 hour" would be better.

satisfaction guarantee? how? what if they are not satisfied?

"all this for only $150" sounds like a 0300 infomercial.
im expecting to see "if you act now" or "call in the next 15 minutes and we'll double your order for free"

maybe something like...

Up to one hour session in studio or on location
packages including edited photos starting at $150.

Good feeedback. I guess it does sound a bit commercial-esque. I always offer to reshoot if a client isn't satisfied - that's what I mean by guarantee.

the first thing that leaps out at me is, how do I contact you? You need telephone #, e-mail, etc

Actually the youngster may have a point. One of our "young" friends and neighbors, sells home decorator stuff on Facebook. Every now and then she will put a web site address in the posting, but most times she puts a picture of the item and tells people to message her. Apparently it hasn't been a problem for my wife to get in touch with her :mad-44: Nor has it been a problem for all the other women in the valley, as she does quite well with it.

the first thing that leaps out at me is, how do I contact you? You need telephone #, e-mail, etc

Actually the youngster may have a point. One of our "young" friends and neighbors, sells home decorator stuff on Facebook. Every now and then she will put a web site address in the posting, but most times she puts a picture of the item and tells people to message her. Apparently it hasn't been a problem for my wife to get in touch with her :mad-44: Nor has it been a problem for all the other women in the valley, as she does quite well with it.
Not disagreeing, but there are still plenty of people out there who don't/can't/won't and IMO, a photography business is NOT one, in this day and age, where one can afford to miss any potential customers.

You may want to rethink posting a photo with lots of text to Facebook (if that's one of the places you'll be posting this). Their algorithm will crush your organic reach with lots of text in a photo, FYI...

You may want to rethink posting a photo with lots of text to Facebook (if that's one of the places you'll be posting this). Their algorithm will crush your organic reach with lots of text in a photo, FYI...

No, they changed their ad algorithm. So text is no longer an issue. But simpler is always better. And I boost my ads anyway.

Here is a new version, based on the feedback I've gotten thus far.

Headshot April 2017.jpg

Much improved on the text, I think that nails it. I'm not sure about the image though... I find the crop a little awkward and she looks to me like she's got shoulders a linebacker would kill for.

Much improved on the text, I think that nails it. I'm not sure about the image though... I find the crop a little awkward and she looks to me like she's got shoulders a linebacker would kill for.

Haha, that's partly the reason I cropped it. Maybe I'll liquify some things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back