Headshots taken last October

shefjr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was in Lynchburg VA this past October and my wife and I went to a drive through wildlife park. There were some really cool animals to see while there. I like these particular ones because I think the reflections in their eye's are cool. If you have any comments on them please feel free. I welcome all C+C.
BTW, I'm not sure I'm correct on what these guys are so if I'm wrong on any of them let me know. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy!:thumbup:

1.Buffalo does he/she look a little blue to you?

Buffalo by Shefjr, on Flickr

2.I think it's an ostrich but, I noticed that there were two different sized birds. So I think this is a relative but, not actually an ostrich. Thoughts?

Ostrich relative by Shefjr, on Flickr

3.Again, I think this is a relative of a llama but, I'm not sure. What do you think?

llama maybe by Shefjr, on Flickr

Emu is the bird

The bird is definitely an emu. No idea what the last guy is.

They all look a little blue on the animals' face, but the buffalo seems to be the most blue.

I went to a safari park where the animals came right to the vehicles like that once. Did you buy the feed to give them? ;) And did the buffalo drool on you?

After seeing countless videos on Youtube where zebras and birds are acting all cute and then suddenly trying to bite your head clean off I'd be very very scared to roll my windows down there...

Emu is the bird
Thank you!

The bird is definitely an emu. No idea what the last guy is.

They all look a little blue on the animals' face, but the buffalo seems to be the most blue.

I went to a safari park where the animals came right to the vehicles like that once. Did you buy the feed to give them? ;) And did the buffalo drool on you?
I'm not sure what I did in pp to get them blue but, I see a hint of blue in all of them now that you mention it.
We did give them food it was fun.
There was drool and sneezing, which my wife was in the line of fire for. We both had a lot of fun and laughed our asses off. I was surprised my wife took it so well because she is obsessive about keeping her car clean.

1. The dash

gazoontite by Shefjr, on Flickr

2. My wife laughing and sneezed on.

sneeze aftermath by Shefjr, on Flickr

After seeing countless videos on Youtube where zebras and birds are acting all cute and then suddenly trying to bite your head clean off I'd be very very scared to roll my windows down there...
I was nervous around the ostriches and emu's but, these guys scared me the most because of their HUGE horns! I was afraid that they would smash a window or scratch the car. Thankfully, it was an uneventful trip.
3. Intimidating horns. They were really big.

Horns by Shefjr, on Flickr

I just had a similar experience with my sister, my niece and her boyfriend--and I agree, I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time! I expected it to be cheesy and stupid, and just hoped for a few decent shots. Instead, it was cheesy and hilarious and I got quite a few decent shots. I gotta get a few more of them posted.

I think my niece would have been REALLY grossed out if our dash had looked like that! Her window was pretty much brown afterwards from all the large animal saliva that had been slathered all over it.

In a way, they have the feeling of being three-dimensional which is kind of cool.

I just had a similar experience with my sister, my niece and her boyfriend--and I agree, I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time! I expected it to be cheesy and stupid, and just hoped for a few decent shots. Instead, it was cheesy and hilarious and I got quite a few decent shots. I gotta get a few more of them posted.

I think my niece would have been REALLY grossed out if our dash had looked like that! Her window was pretty much brown afterwards from all the large animal saliva that had been slathered all over it.

I would do it again if the opportunity were to arise. I know that my wife would not be willing to take her car though. It really was fun we had a great time! The outside of her car was also really trashed.
Another new experience that was both fun and scary about VA was the switchbacks. I had never experienced them and well, I entered one of them at 55 and I almost killed us. :crazy: Once I got the hang of them they were quite fun.

In a way, they have the feeling of being three-dimensional which is kind of cool.
Thank you I think?!:scratch:
It was either a well planned mistake and you really do like it or there is something that I'm missing. If I'm missing something I would guess it is the pp and something I did. Either way, thank you for taking the time to look and comment.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back