voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just trying to get some good headshots. Another 'which do you prefer' thread. :D I shot these in open shade and wish I would have brought my greycard to do a custom white balance. There is a slight soft focus applied post processing. Every pore was razor sharp... even in soft lighting...

jenavisenior01b.jpg

jenavisenior03.jpg

What would you do without your pretty sister?? ;)

I have to give the nod to the top image here. On the second one, I keep seeing this whitish cast over the forehead and on the cheekbones that I find distracting. The skin tones are much more natural in the top image.

My 2 cents. :)

top pic....terri hit the nail on the head.

voodoo, your sis is very pretty. :lol:

md

I'm still not that excited about either. For some reason I can't seem to get a good skin tone. I'm going to try some custom curves with less exposure. It seems like the shots that were slightly underexposed yielded the best skin tones. :scratch:

I agree - the first shot is my fav. For me, the building in the background in the upper right corner is a bit distracting in the second photo. The first photo has a much warmer, appeal to it.

I'm no photography expert, but I actually like #2 better. I like the variation of light on her face, it adds some life to the picture. The first one just seems a bit dull for me.

I really like #1 better. Her forehead in #2 seems a little blown out and the white area to the right of her head is a bit distracting.

Voods - you have such a pretty sister? Better keep MD away from her. :twisted:

photogoddess said:
I really like #1 better. Her forehead in #2 seems a little blown out and the white area to the right of her head is a bit distracting.

Voods - you have such a pretty sister? Better keep MD away from her. :twisted:
:twisted:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

md

Woo Hoo! Local girls..............

Try a warming filter. It mellows out the hotspots on fair skin tones but keeps the color when your shooting in the shade during the day. Though I have no idea what would happen with a digi cam. Can you adjust color temps on that thing?

Put some Portra 160 NC in that sucker. :D

I mean, yeah, fiddle with the white balance, or something. ;)

But seriously, the 1st is better imo. It's warmer, but also the position of the camera seems to be higher, at eye level. Looks like it's about mouth or chin level on the 2nd, which I don't think is as flattering for portraits.

Wow. Those brown eyes are huge. Very pretty.

Technically, I think the shots are good. Pretty much what everyone else has said.

WHat is missing for me is that I'm not getting any personality from the model. And this is a tough situation for you. Being that she's your sister, it's very hard for you to step back from such a familiar subject and see the shot as others might. I'm not sure how you can go about fixing that.

Try to see her with a fresh eye, I suppose, but don't ask me how.

Daniel

In my previous sessions with her, she showed far more personality in the portraits. I noticed that about this batch as well. Couldn't quite put my finger on it. Thanks.

Part of the problem might be the fact that we'd been out in the heat (108F) for a while. I'm trying out some custom curves in my camera and will probably shoot some more this weekend.

voodoocat said:
In my previous sessions with her, she showed far more personality in the portraits. I noticed that about this batch as well. Couldn't quite put my finger on it. Thanks.

Part of the problem might be the fact that we'd been out in the heat (108F) for a while. I'm trying out some custom curves in my camera and will probably shoot some more this weekend.

She's probably just sick of you, Voods....always sticking that camera in her face, and ordering her around, no doubt.... :twisted:

I predict in the next series she'll look something like this: :irked:

terri said:
voodoocat said:

She's probably just sick of you, Voods....always sticking that camera in her face, and ordering her around, no doubt.... :twisted:

I predict in the next series she'll look something like this: :irked:
You're probably right. I had to keep telling her to stand up straight. and then she kept moving when i had the camera set.

You're probably right. I had to keep telling her to stand up straight. and then she kept moving when i had the camera set.

See...? All this passive resistance, behind those sweet brown eyes.... :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back