Heart mountain Hike (9 pics 56k warning)

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
Good day all,

On saturday me and a friend of mine went out for a small hike. We started out thinking it would be about 1-2 hours long. The thing is once we got to the end of the hiking trail, only like 20 min had pasted. So being the person i am, i decided to make my own trail. We started off in a random direction and just kept going. It was Awsome. There was some great shots to be taken, and so i did. We ended up hiking for about 6 hours, and litterally making our own trail through dense mountain forest, cliffs, and many other mountain obsticals, it was absolutly great. I won't go on with the lengthy tail now, but here are a few shots.

98ig.jpg

88nu.jpg

76we.jpg

68iq.jpg

55hr.jpg

49ix.jpg

30ay1.jpg

23fg1.jpg

13cl1.jpg

There are great stories to go along with most of the shots, but i won't bore you with that.

Comments and Critique always welcome.

Good shots here. Were these taken in the middle of the day?

They were indeed, between 11:00am and about 4:00pm, i really wanted to get out there early, or stay late to get the nice long shadows cast by sunrise/ sunset, but unfortunatly it just never worked out that way.

beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing! really love the compostion in that last photo... man, looks like you were really high... :thumbup:

Thanks all!

Indeed i was JTH. it was a long way down if i were to fall. In the last picture, if you walkdown that little frozen stream a bit, it is a verical drop off of about 400 feet. We didnt climb it, but i would love to in the summer.

#2 looks amazing with the tree framing it, the moon, as well as the deep blue sky.
The mountains don't have a great deal of snow this winter eh?

Most reactions

Back