Heather/Retouching and post-production progress

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yeps, another "how far I've come" thread - but this time it's the post work :)

SOOC JPEG - this was one of my first "favorite" photos. The girl is a good friend of mine and I always find myself coming back to this photo to try out new techniques.
$IMG_3513.JPG
Not bad for a newb (horizontal, check - cut off forehead, check)First

First edit... looking back, I think, "OMG, WTF! Was I think?!"
$Heathersmile.jpg

Edit from a few months ago... better, but still - WTF? It looks like she has fine, shimmer **** all over her face.
$IMG_3513b.JPG

Annnnd an edit from today. I think I've come a pretty good ways in a few years - though I already see some things in this final image I'd like to correct like the crappy cloning job in the bottom lefthand corner and the dark spot above her right ear.
$reedit1.jpg

So whatcha think? If anyone else has done something like this, I'd love to see :)

I do it all the time with old photos in my library but I haven't kept the original jpeg. I just keep working on them in LR4.

Dahhhhh! Always make a copy of your original and saaaaaaaaaave that bad boy!

The second photo is scary. Looks like some I just deleted from Dec. :lmao: I've been trying different editing techniques and just a few months ago my photos look a lot different. Don't you think that editing photos is a journey where as you acquire new skills the previous ones just don't make any sense? Sorta like going through the selective color stage.

The second photo is scary. Looks like some I just deleted from Dec. :lmao: I've been trying different editing techniques and just a few months ago my photos look a lot different. Don't you think that editing photos is a journey where as you acquire new skills the previous ones just don't make any sense? Sorta like going through the selective color stage.

Haha, exactly! I was in a gausian blur phase for that first one...and a contrast kick for both of the first two edits!

...not to mention the teeth whitening in the second. Looks like brand new dentures!

Have to admit I still dislike the whole horizontal format / cut half their forehead off thing. It just looks stupid to me!

LOL Charlie - I never said I was a fan (at least for this specific photo), only pointing out the obvious noob-ness that it represents :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back