Hel With A Photographic Effect??

AshleeJo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently found a very old photo in my grandmothers house. I'm told its a photo of her parents when they got married, meaning it is more than likely early to mid 1930's. As you will see, they look almost like ghosts. There is a white halo around their faces, and around my great grandmothers dress. I shrank it for posting but I linked it to my photobucket so you can see it enlarged. My brother and I were wondering what caused this. Anybody know?

No idea but what caused it but it may be related to something I see when etching copper of circuit boards with a corrosive solution. The thinning starts at the edge of the dark areas and then bleeds in. This could be due to age.

Otherwise it could be some photographic effect applied in the darkroom.

The background may have been burnt in during printing.

Another possibility is lens flare.

I think there was quite a bit of manipulation going on. Wish you had the whole picture. But it look like a composite possibly. With the back burnt in to hide the evidence. I've done quiet a bit of darkroom work but the give away is the perspective. Your Great Grandmother (?) is larger yet her shoulder is behind his.

The two photos are composited together in the dark room. There's a white halo around the images because of the light bleed around the edges of the masks used to do the composite.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back