Helicopter pictures

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
I was on my way out the door to go help clean up after an orchestra concert when I decided to grab my Canon Eos-1 "just in case" I saw something cool. Once we got done cleaning up I go out and in the parking lot of a nearby building there was a hospital helicopter. There was a medical conference there and some kids were getting small tours of the helicopter. I grabbed my camera and asked one of pilots if it was ok to take some pics and he said it was fine. I got some cool shots, even got one of the guys who worked on it to pose in front :) One of the guys told me they were leaving in about 10 minutes and showed me the closest I could stand to take some pictures.

It was really amazing, they powered-up the engine and I had trouble standing up. I got some great pictures though as it flew over my head. I got some with a shutter speed around 200 for a bit of blur and the rest at about 1/8000 to (hopefully) freeze the blades. It probably would have been cooler to use slower speeds but with a helicopter over my head the thought never came to mind :D

I can't wait to develop and print these!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back