Hellcat

Ant

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Taken at the recent airshow at Duxford.

DSC_0222.jpg

Hi Ant,

What a Lovely shot their is nothing like the sound of a Big Round Engine Grumman. How was Duxford today do miss going to it there is nothing like the Englash airshows.

Did Sally B and BBMF Lanc fly together?

Cheers Crazymainer

a few shots from down under

trojan
warbirdz_2101.jpg

vampire
warbirdz_2329.jpg

winjeels
warbirdz_2342.jpg

spitty
warbirdz_2465.jpg

theres alot more but i wont bore you all with them[/url]

Wow, great shots nouseforaname. I assure you I won't be bored with more of them.

Hi Crazymainer. Duxford was very very hot. I'm currently bright scarlett and sore all over :( One of the hottest days of the year.

Excellent weather for an airshow though. The Sally B and lancaster did fly, though not together.

But the star of the show for me was one of my favourite aircraft :wink:

DSC_0209.jpg

Fantastic pictures! A Sabre landing on a grass strip? Awesome!

So sad to see the airshow season coming to an end. I have one flying breakfast in a few weeks, but that's about it.

Any of you guys do some real flying?
Private pilot - instrument airplane
Commercial license in a few weeks hopefully!

-Brett :)

AirVenture said:

So sad to see the airshow season coming to an end. I have one flying breakfast in a few weeks, but that's about it.

Brett,

Yes I've got my Multi-Engine, I use to own a Tiger Moth and a L-4

Ant. Nice shot of Golden Apples F-86A did you know that Yeager and Hoover flew this plane.

nouseforaname. Great shot of the Vampy and one of my favorite Spits Grey Nurse.

If you guys haven't been over to Warbird resource Group.org then you should click on the WIX Forum I think you might find it a great place.

Cheers Crazymainer

AirVenture said:

Brett,

Yes I've got my Multi-Engine, I use to own a Tiger Moth and a L-4

Ant. Nice shot of Golden Apples F-86A did you know that Yeager and Hoover flew this plane.

nouseforaname. Great shot of the Vampy and one of my favorite Spits Grey Nurse.

If you guys haven't been over to Warbird resource Group.org then you should click on the WIX Forum I think you might find it a great place.

Cheers Crazymainer

A trick of the angle I'm afraid. It was landing on a concrete strip.

I didn't know that. Thanks. Strangely there was no info on this plane in the airshow programme.

DSC_0241.jpg

No pilot licence here I'm afraid. My poor eyesight prevents it. :cry:

All good pictures. :)

Ant, do you mind if I ask you a personal question? Where abouts in Luton do you live? I kinda know my way around the place having grown up there. ;)

ferny said:
All good pictures. :)

Ant, do you mind if I ask you a personal question? Where abouts in Luton do you live? I kinda know my way around the place having grown up there. ;)

Thanks.

I live near to the central station, crescent road. I'm not originally from Luton though. I just moved here through work.

Cool pictures you guys. Ant, your first picture has a nice shutter speed capture because it almost looks like the plane is just gliding in midair. Its propeller is almost completely still, which gives it an unique look.

Harpper said:
Cool pictures you guys. Ant, your first picture has a nice shutter speed capture because it almost looks like the plane is just gliding in midair. Its propeller is almost completely still, which gives it an unique look.

Thanks. I would have preferred the propeller to have blurred a bit more but I was shooting at equivalent of 450mm without a tripod or image stabilisation so I had to use a fast shutter speed to prevent the whole photo from blurring.

Most reactions

Back