Hello all from Afghanistan!

brinandi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New DSLR user.. sick of point n shoot!! Been grabbin new gear off amazon for the past 2 weeks and have everything BUT my cam... GRRRRRRR... should be here soon and I am not going to complain too much since everything is getting sent to me here in the wonderful country of Afghanistan... My wife and I are going to Kauai on R&R in 4 weeks so I figured that would be a great place to start out my photo adventure! My starting set up is....

Canon 7D w/ 18-135mm
Canon 70-200mm f4 IS
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 580EX II
Canon 430EX II
and then all the small stuff graduated ND,CLP,UV etc filters
couple umbrellas and stands

Former graphic designer so I am versed in PS... Picked up a copy of lightroom 3 for kicks, been having fun playing with that.

Just wanted to say hello

Hey...you posted on my thread yesterday or this morning... I went through my pictures I took while in Kauai and found this one I am quite proud of that I took. It is however not one that was taken from a nice camera but actually just from my cell phone. It is beautiful there! You are going to have a nice, relaxing time. :) Ok...well I tried uploading it but it says I may not have permission to do so? Never mind! I am still new to this forum so I guess I need to research why it won't let me upload it. =/

I ended up adding the photo to my gallery...are there restrictions to new people on this board? Can someone enlighten me as to what all I have access to and what not? Thanks!

You will love it! Kauai is such a beautiful place... I'm actually in Hanalei on the North Shore of Kauai as I write this.

There are so many good photographic opportunities especially if you're willing to hike a little.

Enjoy your time there and welcome to the forum.

Hi Brinandi. Welcome, I am also new
Sounds like the gear I would buy myself if I had the dollars

Hi Chelle Also have probs uploading. Maybe need to make a certain number of posts or a time thing perhaps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back