Hello All & Happy Holidays :-) I need your help for my first DSLR

AHadden

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need help choosing my first DSLR & lenses!
Hello all!

I am new to the forum and am hoping for your words of wisdom on choosing a DSLR &/or lenses.

I am not "new" to photography but new to DSLR. I'm not a pro but hope to be someday...I currently sell my underwater photos to benefit sea turtle conservation on my website and have some photos listed with a stock agency.

With that said....I want to get into the business of wedding photography but still have the ability to use the selected DSLR for underwater photography also...with an Ikelite housing of course!

For Christmas I received a Canon EOS Rebel XS 1000D with a 18-55mm IS lens and a 70-300mm lens..(Santa was VERY good to me :D)

Before Christmas I was looking to purchase either the Canon 60D with a 35-135mm IS or the Nikon D7000 with a 18-105mm lens...

Up until this point I have always used Olympus but unfortunately, Olympus doesn't seem to be up to par with the DSLR..

Nikon or Canon?...I am neither...yet.. I just want the camera/lenses I purchase to be sufficient for business for at least a few years...and I want the lenses to have the ability to be used later in the future if I upgrade the body of the camera

So my questions to anyone who will help....

I have an additional $1,500 to spend on equipment

Do I...
1. Keep my Canon 1000D EOS XS Rebel & lenses and spend the money on more lenses?
2. Exchange the 1000D for either the Nikon D7000 or Canon 60D?
3. Are the EF-S lenses for Canon compatible with EF mount Canons?

I need to make a decision no later than Jan. 8th if I am going to trade the 1000D in...

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks All!

Most reactions

Back