Hello All - I am new to this forum

BlackDog10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All - I am new to this forum and shopping for a new D-SLR (upgrading from a 7 year old very decent point and shoot that is now dying a slow death). I am still learning to navigate around and trying to find which forum would be recommended for obtaining advice if I have narrowed my choices down to 2 or 3 models from different manufacturers?
thanks for any suggestions or information -
Sam

Welcome Sam!
Good question, did you take a look at the forums for Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc? There might already be some reviews in there for the specific models you are interested in, so that you can compare. Or start a comparison thread in the general equipment forum Photography Equipment & Products

Happy shopping!

Welcome! Any entry level dslr will amaze you.

Hey guys! I'm new and completely lost when it comes to photography. I'm a body artist (www.WhitneysBodyArt.com) so everything I do is temporary. If I don't get great photos, an awesome painting can look horrible. I want to take the next step to learning the photography aspect. I have an extremely limited budget, but was wondering of you guys could give me a link that would show me all the equipment I will need to start with. I'm not looking to open a studio, just be able to take high quality photos of my paintings. I don't even know what to look for in a camera? My main goal is to make sure that the details of the paintings appear in the photos. Please help!

Well, I would like to suggest you go to the brand specific forums for Sony, Nikon, Canon or any other from your preference list and check the user reviews also you can go through to review sites like download.cnet.com etc. to check the user reviews and feedback and then decide which one will be the best for you and then go for purchase.

I am in the same boat as you! I'm curious to see what you choose. Welcome, from one newbie to another :hug::

Most reactions

Back