hello all. im new

JROC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello every one , my name is jayson. im new to the forum. im working on portraite photography, and i need all the help i can get . :)

cool voodo. if i can just find a good book or dvd on a lighting diagram.it would make things alot better,alot of these books on portrait photography are getting poor reviews such as the lighting cook book.

So far I've only doon outdoor portraits. Dew is going to be your best bet for help regarding lighting.

help.... i have two pro mono-light with umbrellas, two dedicated flashes,and 3 flood lights,a dark blue velvet back ground,i have tried to place the lighting everywhere and for some strange reason i cant get the background to light up ,only around their head.how do i light up the entire background. :(

I haven't been here that long myself, but from what I can tell, Dew is the portrait queen around here. Watch for her stuff. There are a lot of really good photogs here who really know their stuff. Good luck and lets see some of those portraits.

Thorni

Have you tried to rotate the velvet backdrop?

Maybe its not reflecting and just absorbing the light

Just a Thought :D

Welcome to the Forum! :D

Im also intreasted in doing portraits mostly outdoors dont have a studio

hi jayson, just shoutin out a hello to ya and welcome onboard. G'luck with the portrait stuff, look forward to seeing your work
cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back