Hello All !!

Whiteram

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My name is Rich. I am a family man, father of 3 children. I have had many inexpensive digital cameras throughout the years to include a Kodak DC280 and a olympus c-3000. Over the years, I have taken thousands pictures, keepsakes and memories of my family. most pictures were remarkably well, considering the cameras i have used.
A few months ago, my father in law (who also has purchased many handhelds), purchased a Nikon D80. I was in awe of the picture quality and began doing some homework on obtaining higher quality prints. Last week, I purchased a D40 for myself, and have been experimenting and reading as much as possible to better educate myself. So far, I am pretty impressed. I have read forums here on TPF for hours. I have read some pretty bad reviews of the camera by some of you experienced photographers, but I am learning, and having a blast doing it!
As a group, there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. I am genuinely impressed and will keep reading for hours every evening. I hope most of you are patient with us beginners. I have picked up a lot of knowledge, thus far and thank you all for your informing posts. I plan on asking some questions in the near future, and hope you all dont mind and will be patient with me..lol
again, thanks for all the great info...I will be reading on...

-Rich

Hi Rich, welcome to our family. And ask away anytime...

Hi Rich, and welcome to the forum.

Don't be shy, ask away! That's what the forum is for.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am still in the process of reading multiple posts and threads. I am trying to apply what I read. I have to say, It's not as easy at it looks and its tough from refraining to just flip the swith to "auto" all the time...lol

Thanks again people...I appreciate the atmosphere...

-Rich

Most reactions

New Topics

Back