Hello all!

DarkGT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark (DarkGT is my screen name for the Mustang boards I am on) I am from sunny San Diego. I am currently shooting with a Nikon D50. I am looking to develope my style more and possibly get into portraiture or weddings or headshots etc... I am trying to make the jump from hobbyist with a decent setup to amateur with potential :)

I am really enjoying my D50 and since I completely lack any semblance of talent with Photo Shop I really have to take time and compse shots as well as I know how so that they don't need too much editing later. I am working on that aspect.

I like shooting anything, buildings, cars, some nature stuff but due to a bit of an attention span issue usually don't have the patience for it. I am starting to learn how to pose people and use lighting for portraits, seems like a long road ahead but hey everyone needs a hobby right?

I am currently going back and forth about what to buy for my first light setup. I want to buy decent stuff so that as I learn I can grow into the gear. I am looking at some of the Smith Victor stuff and would be interested to hear any input. Seems like a decent value for the price. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?

Take care!

Hi Mark, welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy this Forum.

Welcome to TPF, Mark!

Most reactions

Back