hello! Amateur photographer, small business in the making

JandRphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! My name is Jessica and I am from Dallas, TX. I am an amateur photographer. I started having interest in photography when my son was born. All I wanted to do was take more and more pictures. He's now 6 months old and we have like a BILLION photos of him (no joke) lol well I work a full time job, and of course a full time mommy to my son Matthew. I'm engaged to a my sons father who has a bit of a car OBSESSION so I also take photos of cars, mainly sports cars, even though they don't interest me much lol. So most of my free time is spent with my boys and I do what I can with photography with the small slice of time I have left. I just created an Instagram page. I would love it if you guys could help me get it started! @J_and_R_photography
i hope to get a lot out of this forum and learn many new things!!📷😉

Hello! My name is Jessica and I am from Dallas, TX. I am an amateur photographer. I started having interest in photography when my son was born. All I wanted to do was take more and more pictures. He's now 6 months old and we have like a BILLION photos of him (no joke) lol well I work a full time job, and of course a full time mommy to my son Matthew. I'm engaged to a my sons father who has a bit of a car OBSESSION so I also take photos of cars, mainly sports cars, even though they don't interest me much lol. So most of my free time is spent with my boys and I do what I can with photography with the small slice of time I have left. I just created an Instagram page. I would love it if you guys could help me get it started! @J_and_R_photography
i hope to get a lot out of this forum and learn many new things!!
that's awesome! im thinking of starting a photography business too!!
welcome to the site!
i haven't really nailed down getting the focus right in my photos but i think that will come with time.

that's awesome! im thinking of starting a photography business too!!
welcome to the site!
i haven't really nailed down getting the focus right in my photos but i think that will come with time.

You guys are absolutely killing me today... :biglaugh:

i hope to get a lot out of this forum and learn many new things!!

Post some photos here on the forum and you will be able to get more feedback on them. In my opinion Instagram is NOT the proper place to showcase your work, too many people view it as a place full of selfies and photos of what you had for lunch with a cheesy filter. Setting up your own real website would be a good move.

As for starting a photography business, you have only been interested in photography for 6 months, that's hardly enough time to develop a solid understanding of the exposure triangle, lighting, posing people and everything else photography related that you need to know before even thinking of starting a business. After looking at all 4 of the photos you have on Instagram (3 if you don't count the one that you are in with you fiancé and son, you obviously didn't take it so you cannot count it as your photo) I see I don't see anything or enough photos for that matter that tell me you are ready to start a business.

I recommend spending not worrying about business and making money right now and focusing on a solid could action in photography. The best way to compete in the ever growing photography market is by producing better photos then the next guy.

Hi Jessica, Welcome to the site.

Welcome aboard Jessica and good luck!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF.
Dallas is a great city with alot to see with FortWorth and all.

Classic troll and spam. They haven't been back since this post.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back