Hello! Considering a D70

What's your budget op?
I bet the costco kit with two lenses would contain the 18-55 and the 55-200.

What's your budget op?
I bet the costco kit with two lenses would contain the 18-55 and the 55-200.

budget is "not a lot!" but honestly for $250, and i get a basic 18-55mm lens, i'd have to get a better lens, whats that? another $200 easy? it's not worth it, funny you mention it, but check these out. that's exactly what I am going for, i passed on the D70s. what do you guys think of this one instead?

Costco - Nikon D3100 Digital SLR 18-55mm VR Lens + 55-200mm VR Lens Training Pack Bundle

$699.99 after $200 OFF
[h=1]Nikon D3100 Digital SLR
18-55mm VR Lens
+ 55-200mm VR Lens
Training Pack Bundle[/h] [h=2]Two Training DVDs
Case, 4GB SD Card
1080p Full HD Video
Scene Recognition System[/h]
Features and Benefits:

• Lens Specifications:
    • F-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens (3x Optical Zoom, Optical Image Stabilization)
    • AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR lens (Optical Image Stabilization)
  • Effective Pixels: 14.2-megapixel DX-Format CMOS Sensor
  • LCD Monitor: 3.0” diagonal (230,000 dots) TFT-LCD with brightness adjustment
  • Motion Video Quality: 1080p (1920x1080 24fps), 720p (1280x720 30fps, 25fps, 24fps), 640x424 24fps
  • Top Shooting Rate: Up to 3 frames per second at full resolution
  • Shutter Speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec. in steps of 1/3 EV
  • ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 3200 in steps of 1 EV - Can also be set to approx. 1 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 6400 equivalent) or to approx. 2 EV above ISO 3200 (ISO 12800 equivalent)
  • One-Button Live View: Easy Live View access offers 4 autofocus modes, including Face-priority AF.
  • AF Area Mode: Single Area AF, Dynamic-area, Auto-area AF, 3D-tracking (11 points)
  • Dust Sensor Cleaning Unit: Image sensor cleaning, Airflow Control System, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
  • Exposure Metering System: 420-Pixel 3D Color Matrix Metering II
  • In-Camera Image Editing: Trim, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, Filter Effects, Small Pic, Monochrome, Color Balance, NEF (RAW) Processing, Quick retouch, Straighten, Distortion Control, Fisheye, Red-eye Correction, Perspective Control, Color Outline, Edit Movie, Miniature Effect
  • Power Source: EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
  • Images Per Battery Charge: 550 shots based on CIPA standards
  • Dimensions: W 4.9” x H 3.8“ x D 2.9”
  • Weight: Approx. 16 oz. (body only)
  • Storage Media: SD/SDHC/SDXC
What's Included:

• Nikon D3100 Camera Body
  • AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens
  • AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR lens
  • Camera Case
  • 4GB SDHC Card
  • Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
  • Battery Charger
  • Camera Strap
  • ViewNX 2 CD-ROM
  • Nikon School Training Pack
    • Fast, Fun & Easy DVD for D3100
    • Understanding Digital Photography DVD
    • Guide to Digital Photography Booklet
the other thing someone found me was this

5157B002 L2 Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera Kit with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens & EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens, FREE: Red Giant Adorama Production Bundle for PC/Mac a $599.00 Retail Value

[h=1]Canon EOS Rebel T3 Digital SLR Camera Kit with Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS II Lens & EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Lens, FREE: Red Giant Adorama Production Bundle for PC/Mac a $599.00 Retail Value[/h]

I bought the 3100 and brought it back. Something about it wasn't right. I bought the D7000, love it. So,i bought the D50 ( very similar to the D70) as a backup camera. I use the 7000 and 50 together all the time. Don't underestimate the D70. That's just my point of view :)

I've read through this post and just a little more food for thought. The Nikon d5000 is is a very viable option as well. It is one generation old 12.3 mp cmos sensor, which is the same sensor as the d90 mentioned in an above link. They are probably the best deal out there with price/performance. I know Cameta, Adorama and B&H all have them for about 430 refurbished with the 18-55mm kit lens. Cameta includes a 1 year warranty I purchased one from them last year and it was a great learning tool only had 18 clicks on it! I have since upgraded to a d90. Might be another camera worth checking out...

i was seriously going to bite on the d3100, does anyone know where the Canon T3 is made? the reviews are mixed and im so torn... i love the D90 but i can't spend that much! for $700 i am getting pretty much everything i will ever need (for now!) :lmao:

I love you guys! and i swear i know i made a post in the canon forum but I was not referring to the Nikon bunch as being the lynch mob! However I am super torn, I really do love the D90 from Nikon and now that i found out i can get a discount on refurbs from Canon, have really been looking into the 60D offered.... oh Photoforum I am so torn! this is the fork in the road for quite some time, it may lead me on a brand loyalty for the next XX years... help me!

JonathanNYC said:
I love you guys! and i swear i know i made a post in the canon forum but I was not referring to the Nikon bunch as being the lynch mob! However I am super torn, I really do love the D90 from Nikon and now that i found out i can get a discount on refurbs from Canon, have really been looking into the 60D offered.... oh Photoforum I am so torn! this is the fork in the road for quite some time, it may lead me on a brand loyalty for the next XX years... help me!

At that point we can't. I suggest going to a store and handling them both.

JonathanNYC said:

At that point we can't. I suggest going to a store and handling them both.

lol i think that may be instore this coming week I am hoping best buy has them on hand for playing with, making a trip into B&H in the city is a pain (parking) i will keep you guys informed! :) thanks for all the advice so far!

JonathanNYC said:
lol i think that may be instore this coming week I am hoping best buy has them on hand for playing with, making a trip into B&H in the city is a pain (parking) i will keep you guys informed! :) thanks for all the advice so far!

Subway.... Beats parking lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back