Hello Everyone.. I need some suggestions

Sarah_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone....

This is the first time I have posted to this forum and have found many cool things on here..

I am interested in beginning my own personal photography services and am really confused on where to begin. I work for a company and have been taking school pictures for a few years and have taken more than 40000 photos. I know this is much different than many other photo environments. There are several online photo schools, books, and many other options to learn the profession. Would a company like http://www.nynphotoschool.com/ be a waste of time and money? Any other good online schools or books?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sarah

Welcome to the forum.

What would you be hoping to learn from a photo school? You already seem to have the experience. If you want to go into business...then maybe business school would be more fruit full. Just an idea anyway.

If you are the person selling those books it would be a great idea for you ao make money otherwse stay away from any get rich quick books or programs. If you want to go to a school go to a reputable photography school.

two words:

stay away! (from it)

make money programmes advertised like that one are just meant to get your money into other people's purses ...

They should have a how-to-make-money course on how to make money on starting a how-to-make-money course.

Learning photography via an online course may not be a bad idea, but if they go on about how much you can make from it, I'd personally stay away. There are books along the same vein, but at least they are cheaper or you can get them free from the library.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back