Hello Everyone... Need ADVICE!!!

nation1983

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new to the site and I joined for a specific purpose; to ask the following questions. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me because this is starting to give me ulcers...

I am in the market for a new DSLR, mainly so my future wife can take up photography as a hobby. I am interested in learning more about photography as well and may, at some point, incorporate it into my freelance video business.

It is for that reason that I have been closely examining products like the 5d mark ii, 7d, 60d, t2i, etc. At my current job, I use the 5d on a regular basis and while the video quality is unequaled, it has serious limitations as it relates to video (manual AF, audio, etc.) I hear things are much the same on the other Canon DSLR models.

My issue however is, I'm not made of money and the only true video cameras that I think would be an upgrade in quality over the 5d are in the $3,000-$10,000. If I absolutely had to dip into the pocketbook I could, but I guess I'm struggling to understand the thinking behind buying two pieces of equipment for double the price of the 5d, which can serve both functions...

MY head is about explode, someone please help me!!!

Most reactions

Back