Hello everyone, new member for hot and dry west Texas

KHarmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, my name is Kris Harmon. I am a novice photographer (in the DSLR world anyways) and I'm here to learn as much as I can.

My primary interest is doing severe weather photography, but considering the complete lack of anything resembling severe weather this year I have started to learn a little about portrait photography. My favorite victims for practicing portraits are my son and one of my twin daughters. The other twin, to this point, has absolutely refused to become part of the experiment. :(

My work career includes 14 years as a police officer, two years in the corrections field, and after suffering a bit of burn out with the law enforcement field I recently made a career change as a sales consultant for a car dealership. I know what you're thinking, and I'm not that TYPE of car salesman.

Other than photography my hobbies include collecting baseball cards, hunting, and chasing my kids to one of the endless sporting events they're involved in. I have yet to photograph any of the sporting events as I get too involved in the game to even remember that I have a camera with me.

Some of the things I look forward to learning from this forum is interesting ideas for portrait photography, learn more about shooting landscapes during severe storms, and (please someone) post processing. I have Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3 and need a TON of help with post processing. Processing a digital photo is entirely different from what I was used to in a dark room in the late 80's and 90's.

Anyways, I have probably rambled enough. I look forward to getting to know the fine folks on this forum.

KHarmon

Most reactions

Back