Hello Everyone

LoKaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

My name is Guillaume, I am from Québec, Canada.

Last night I went shopping with my mom :blushing:
We were trying to find myself a nice gift for Christmas but couldn't find anything. She knew I've always been interested in photography but never had the opportunity to take a course or have a nice camera, so we went to an electronic store and she got me a sweet Canon S5, with a 2 Gig memory card.

I'm very excited about it, I read all the instructions and took photos all night haha. I'm looking forward to bettering myself, with practise and maybe a little bit of your advices?

I will also use this thread if I have any questions about my camera, so I don't have to make a new one everytime.

Thank you :)

Welcome Guillaume,

I shot with that unit for a few weeks, it has a great super macro mode! Then I gave it to my Mother, kind of the opposite to your experience.

So keep shooting & start posting!

-Shea

EDIT: BTW - the manual focus technique is the main reason I upgraded from that camera. It is a two hand technique, hold one button and spaz out on another. Still a good unit for the money.

Haha, well I'm not an expert but it looks like a gret startup camera for a begginner.

Welcome to the forum! You've certainly come to the right place to learn about photography - I've learned a lot from all of the great people here.

Hi and welcome :)

I would advise not to pick up the old thread if you have a new question. To get replies to urgent questions often requires a virgin thread dedicated to exactly that question :)

Most reactions

Back