Hello Everyone!

Benthic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All!

I discovered this forum while digging around on the internet looking for information on how to become a better photographer.

I pretended to be a photographer back in high school. I shot for the yearbook and some for the local newspaper with my trusty Nikon FG-20. After high school I didn't shoot much anymore as my interest went other places.

I have recently rediscovered my interest in photography, mostly from looking at the pictures I've taken while on my last couple of vacations. While I like my shots well enough, they look to me like vacation 'snapshots' and not true photographs. So I'm interested in learning about composition and framing techniques more so than exposure and camera settings. I've never had any formal education in photography so I'm sure all information will be useful.

Of course I'm shooting digital these days with a Sony F717, and I have my eye on a Canon 40d or maybe even a 5d at some point in the future. For now I'll continue to shoot what I've got and work on my own skills though.

I look forward to learning a lot here.

Brian

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back