Hello Everyone!

minew_m

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Chris. I am a Seinor in high school. I live in Northern Maine. I just recently discovered this forum. I've been browsing it for the past couple of days. I finally decided to register tonight!

I've always loved photography. I got my first camera when I was six (Kodak VR35), and I couldn't stop taking pictures. When I reached high school, I found that I didn't have all that much time to continue this hobby. It wasn't until 5 months ago that I took out my old Minolta 3000i and started taking some pictures again. I rediscovered my passion and now I am as into photography as I ever was.

I take photos with both 35mm and digital media. I am in a digital photography class at my high school, so thats the only reason that I use digital media. I really prefer working with 35mm. Even though its more work (and more coslty might I add), I love working in the darkroom and working with my photos. I find it more rewarding than with digital media.

One main reason I joined this board is just to become a better photographer. I want to minor in photography in college and I am looking forward to hearing critiques on my photos and lots of advise on photography in general. Thanks for reading and feel free to let me know a little about all of you.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've come to just the right place. I think you'll like it here :)
I'm also in high school (currently a junior). Sounds like we have the same passion for photography. I've also always enjoyed taking photos since I was young. And I must say I agree with you that it's more fun in the darkroom than infront of the computer screen. There's something cool about making a print develop all by your self with only the help of chemicals and an enlarger lamp, instead of watching an inkjet printer do the work for you. Film also gets you to think more about your photos and strive to learn more, since you only have 24-36 chances before you have to go out and pay another $4 or so; and only about 100 prints you can make before you spend another $50. Digital may be less money and less work, but is also a bit less rewarding IMO. But that's not to say digital doesn't have its place. There's always a time when you see a shot you like but you either don't have the right film or don't want to use it on a shot that might not be worth it. Hope you have a good time here :D

Welcome to TPF! I started taking photos in high school as well :D I look forward to seeing your work!

AlisonS said:
Welcome to TPF! I started taking photos in high school as well :D I look forward to seeing your work!

Thanks everyone for the welcome's! I should have some of my digital work up tonight, and hopefully some of my 35mm work up by the weekend.

Hey Chris, welcome!

Howdy yo! Welcome to the forum! You're going to find a lot us who share your passion for this art! Glad you decided to join us!

Zach :D

hey, I am little late in welcoming you, but still a warm welcome from me too :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back