Hello Everyone

Live_free

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm back after a while of hard work (got a job) and trying to advance my skills in photography. So after the entire summer of work and several side job I finally have some coin to get a great setup. (see my last thread)

So I have 2 options.

Kit 1
1) 70-200 2.8 Sigma (the 800 dollar one)
2) Nikon D700
3) SB-900 with mounting kit
4) Battery Pack

Kit 2
1) 70-200 Nikon 2.8 VR II
2) SB-900 with mounting kit
3) Battery pack
4) I have a D90 already

Or save up longer and get a D700 and a 70-200 Nikon VR II?

Thanks guys.

BTW I will be posting more, now.

So no one even has an opinion?

Thanks guys.

Welcome back.

Well it seems you really want a 70-200 2.8...

I would recommend you get the best one you can as long as you can afford it, and thats the VR II for you.

The reasons for this are: #1 it will be a lot longer before you even consider an upgrade, and #2 because it just plain kicks a$$ lol.

I was in the same situation and I ended up buying the Canon mk II version because I didnt want there to be any chance that I would be thinking about selling it and upgrading in the near future.

I would get a 70-200 first, and then whatever new body you wanted after that.

Your pictures are only as good as the glass you put in front of the camera.

My only exception to this is if you have a very cheap or old body that just needs to be replaced because it isn’t cutting the mustard, for example an older 6MP one.

The D700 is a wonderful camera, and I know you would love it.

Hope this helps.

- Neil

I'd always get a full frame over a new lens. That's just me! Once you go full frame....everything else just doesn't seem right :)

Just looking for a few more opinions guys then I will let this die. :p

I'd just go for the 70-200 vr2 that is the end all be all of zoom lenses. There is a step between the 2, the 70-200 vr1?

I'm back after a while of hard work (got a job) and trying to advance my skills in photography. So after the entire summer of work and several side job I finally have some coin to get a great setup. (see my last thread)

So I have 2 options.

Kit 1
2) Nikon D700
4) Battery Pack

Kit 2
3) Battery pack
4) I have a D90 already

Thanks guys.

If I were you I would keep saving since you already have the D90 to mess around with, unless you need it for business purposes. I regret not saving up for mine.

So I have 2 options.

Kit 1
2) Nikon D700
4) Battery Pack

Kit 2
3) Battery pack
4) I have a D90 already

Thanks guys.

If I were you I would keep saving since you already have the D90 to mess around with, unless you need it for business purposes. I regret not saving up for mine.

I don't need it for business purposes I'm only 16. I am leaning that direction to, I would need around 5.2k for Everything, lens, body, flash, battery grip. Then start saving up for the 24-70 or just wait to get all of it so it's all the latest gear. lol

You have no idea how hard it is working your butt off at 16 and having 4k that you can buy stuff with. :p

Most reactions

Back