Hello Everyone!

Agboyette

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Everyone! My name is Amanda. I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I am just a hobbyist but I am getting ready to get more serious! I love love taking pictures. Currently I use a Canon Rebel XS with an 18-55mm lens. My husband recently told me that if I was really serious about getting more into photography that he would be willing to let me upgrade my camera to the one I want. My friend has a Canon 5D Mark II and thatÂ’s what I am thinking of getting. (I realize thatÂ’s a huge jump) I am so excited, but intimidated because I am clueless on how to even begin to use it!

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning from you guys!:D

Hi Everyone! My name is Amanda. I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I am just a hobbyist but I am getting ready to get more serious! I love love taking pictures. Currently I use a Canon Rebel XS with an 18-55mm lens. My husband recently told me that if I was really serious about getting more into photography that he would be willing to let me upgrade my camera to the one I want. My friend has a Canon 5D Mark II and thatÂ’s what I am thinking of getting. (I realize thatÂ’s a huge jump) I am so excited, but intimidated because I am clueless on how to even begin to use it!

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning from you guys!:D
The XS can take terrific pictures. I'd suggest learning how to use it to it's limits BEFORE jumping up to a much more expensive camera. Take numerous classes to learn the ins and outs of both technical knowledge and techniques to better digital pictures. Look into buying more "toys" (i.e.: better external flash unit (and/or studio lighting outfit), bigger zoom lenses, Adobe Elements Premier Version 9 or Photoshop CS5 (digital darkroom software) you can use with both the XS AND more advanced Canon cameras. I encourage your enthusiasm, but, if you just got your driver's license, would you buy a new Mercedes? Just my thoughts before a lot of money is spent on a 5D Mark II that could possibly become an expensive paperweight or dust collector.

I agree. Let's see those pictures.

Most reactions

Back