Hello everyone

Projectionist76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there!

I'm a late bloomer when it comes to photography I guess. 36 years old and just recently started reading more about about cameras and photography.
I love traveling and have mostly taken my pictures during my travels so now when I have a two month trip coming up I thought I'd buy a Leica D-Lux 5
to take with me.

Anyway, I'm here to learn and chat about all that's out there.

So; cheers!

Linus

Welcome aboard! I was a projectionist at a drive-in and an indoor theater back in the 1980's, so your handle got my attention!

Bo4key said:
Welcome!

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Thank you. I hope to be able to show you some of it. I'll link to my Flickr page when I get home after work.

Derrel said:
Welcome aboard! I was a projectionist at a drive-in and an indoor theater back in the 1980's, so your handle got my attention!

Thanks! That sounds very cool; you being a projectionist back then. We're soon going 100% digital here and we'll see what that leaves me to do. I won't miss having to pick up a dropped film off the floor though.

Hej och välkommen!

... it is never too late for photography :)

Which part of Sweden are you from?

Cheers and hej då ;)

Alex

Alex_B said:
Hej och välkommen!

... it is never too late for photography :)

Which part of Sweden are you from?

Cheers and hej då ;)

Alex

Tackar!

I'm currently living in Norrköping. You?

Alex_B said:
Hej och välkommen!... it is never too late for photography :)Which part of Sweden are you from?Cheers and hej då ;)Alex
Tackar!I'm currently living in Norrköping. You?
Currently living in Germany. But I usually spend some time in Sweden each year. Last month I came home from the Jokkmokk-area. Norrbotten is where I go most of the time. I do like the taste of Reindeer meat ;)

Derrel said:

Thanks! That sounds very cool; you being a projectionist back then. We're soon going 100% digital here and we'll see what that leaves me to do. I won't miss having to pick up a dropped film off the floor though.

We were reel-to-reel in those days--we had no platters, no Xenon lamps....all carbon arc projectors, and individual metal reels of film, with changeovers every 17 to 20 minutes on average, typically 7 reels to a feature film...manual, mechanical dowsers on all projectors, changeovers done by cues and counting down...water-cooled projectors at the drive-in, LOTS to do on opening and closing nights of each film. In my nightmares, at times I am still there at the window, and I have mucked up the changeover and the drive-in audience honks, or the indoor theatre audience jeers and boos!! kind of funny!

Derrel said:

We were reel-to-reel in those days--we had no platters, no Xenon lamps....all carbon arc projectors, and individual metal reels of film, with changeovers every 17 to 20 minutes on average, typically 7 reels to a feature film...manual, mechanical dowsers on all projectors, changeovers done by cues and counting down...water-cooled projectors at the drive-in, LOTS to do on opening and closing nights of each film. In my nightmares, at times I am still there at the window, and I have mucked up the changeover and the drive-in audience honks, or the indoor theatre audience jeers and boos!! kind of funny!
Thanks for sharing! ;) Lots more to do back then I see.

Alex_B said:
Hej och välkommen!... it is never too late for photography :)Which part of Sweden are you from?Cheers and hej då ;)Alex
Tackar!I'm currently living in Norrköping. You?
Currently living in Germany. But I usually spend some time in Sweden each year. Last month I came home from the Jokkmokk-area. Norrbotten is where I go most of the time. I do like the taste of Reindeer meat ;)

Have you taken many photos in Norrbotten?

Most reactions

Back