Hello everyone

mzoricak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm glad I found this site. I am hoping you all can give me lots of tips and tricks and good advice. I just purchased my first medium format camera, a used Mamiya 645AF. I've wanted one for a long time. I'm a little overwhelmed because I know very little about how this works. The roll film, the different 'backs' the whole 9 yards. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to start learning or where to start. I've been shooting 35mm for many years and just got into some digital 2 years ago. Now I'm ready for the serious stuff.

Thanks all.

Marianne
[email protected]

Welcome, you can find a lot of information by doing a search from previous threads....there's all kinds of questions answered there. Enjoy the forum :)

mzoricak said:
Hi all,

I'm glad I found this site. I am hoping you all can give me lots of tips and tricks and good advice. I just purchased my first medium format camera, a used Mamiya 645AF. I've wanted one for a long time. I'm a little overwhelmed because I know very little about how this works. The roll film, the different 'backs' the whole 9 yards. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on how to start learning or where to start. I've been shooting 35mm for many years and just got into some digital 2 years ago. Now I'm ready for the serious stuff.

Thanks all.

Marianne
[email protected]

Oooh!... Mamyia 645AF!:drool: :drool: :drool: Excellent! You'll love it.

Meantime, welcome to TPF.

Thanks for the welcome. Can't wait until I get the camera.

BTW, I'm a violinist too. Played for about 20 years, but haven't picked it up in a long time. I'm sure I still can play, but my technique is probably out the window.

Welcome to TPF, Marianne!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back