Hello everyone.

Guitar Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, my name is Chris. I quit the band I was in and stopped playing shows last year. I still play guitar but just for fun now. I needed a new hobby with all the free time on my hands. An upcoming trip to Alaska next year had enough gravity to pull me to photography.

I had a photography class way back in 9th grade, but I’m 54 now. I haven’t used a DSL camera since then. After a lot of research I purchased a Nikon D500 with the 16-80 kit lens and the Nikon 200-500 telephoto zoom.

I have 16 months before my Alaska trip and have a lot to learn.

Thank you in advance.

F69A0B4B-C355-488F-803C-BAF2BBE4288C.jpeg

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome :)
I'm a former life-long gigging musician myself that has migrated to photography in the last few years. The equipment is a heck of a lot lighter!
I have been surprised at the amount of parallels between music and photography. The change to digital, and the resulting move from legit studios to home recording for the masses. The decrease in perceived value of the art itself. Then, there's a ton of nuts and bolts type operations in shooting and editing that are so similar to composing and recording music.

You've got yourself a sweet photography rig, I hope you find joy with it! I think that is a terrific choice of kit to take to Alaska!

Glad you're here. It's a fabulous place to learn.

Zac

Hi Chris, welcome to TPF hope you enjoy it here as all members are very helpful and friendly.

Hello and welcome.........................................:)

HI Chris. Welcome to the forum!

Chris, welcome!

Being a new arrival myself let me tell you it's a great group of folks with lots of combined knowledge.

Happy shooting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back