Hello Fellow PhotoForumers

Trainwizard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My name is Mike, I'm a Philadelphia resident and proud owner of a Nikon D3100 and D5100 and four lenses ranging from 10mm to 300mm as well as my personal favorite lens, the AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G. (See my signature)

I like photographing architecture, bridges, railroads (made obvious by my username), nature and people.

I've been into photography for 15 years (I'm 23), got my first digital camera in 2009 (yeah I'm late), and my first digital SLR camera (Nikon D40) in March 2013.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Mike!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome Mike. Having both the 3200 and 5100, what do you think of the image quality between the two?

My name is Mike, I'm a Philadelphia resident and proud owner of a Nikon D3100 and D5100 and four lenses ranging from 10mm to 300mm as well as my personal favorite lens, the AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G. (See my signature)

I like photographing architecture, bridges, railroads (made obvious by my username), nature and people.

I've been into photography for 15 years (I'm 23), got my first digital camera in 2009 (yeah I'm late), and my first digital SLR camera (Nikon D40) in March 2013.

Don't feel bad at all - I got my first DSLR about 6 months ago - lol. Haven't tried the 35 mm 1.8 yet but its on my wishlist. Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Welcome Mike. Having both the 3200 and 5100, what do you think of the image quality between the two?
I don't have the 3200, just the 3100; the picture quality seems to be the same to me, though I can appreciate the 5100's slightly superior low light performance. I got it because it has a swivel screen with better LCD resolution, a ML-L3 infrared sensor, HDR mode, more ISO options and customizable menu, things that the still excellent D3100 leaves to be desired.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back