Hello from a Macro addict

maxalmon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just stumbled across this site and looks like a good place to chat and learn.

I got hooked on photography thru my other obsessive hobby, Marine Aquariums. I'm seriously into corals and well, needed a camera to show off my prized corals and fish. Went thru atleast 5 PAS cameras before tossing them all into a big pile and ordering a D40 kit with the basic 18-55 lens. I swore up and down that it would be the only camera and lens that I would ever need.

After a few weeks, I weazled my way into a 55-200 Nikon VR lens, which totally was the wrong lens for what I needed (macro)...After a few more weeks of whinning about how crappy my images were, other half told me to order "whatever lens you need"......Um...that was a stupid thing to tell me, so I ordered the 105mm VR Macro and have been in heaven, my skills have improved and now I'm totally hooked on photography and even looking into taking some professional classes.

For x-mas I was told I could get the Nikon D300, but, being the photo-weazil that I am, I'm trying to work the D700 angle... I usually get me way, but this one is going to be a tough sell...

Hello, and welcome to TPF. Sounds like you live in the right City, as you clearly have 'good luck' in talking the other half into camera/lens purchases :lol:

Welcome aboard.

Hello, and welcome to TPF. Sounds like you live in the right City, as you clearly have 'good luck' in talking the other half into camera/lens purchases :lol:

If only it were that easy for me.;)

I would be interested in seeing some of your Macro shots.

Most reactions

Back