Hello From a New Guy

Willieboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings from South Texas. I am an old guy. I'm married, have two kids and my Rottweiler bites me. Other than that, life is good.

I have had a couple nice 35mm SLR film cameras over the last 40 years, but am just venturing into the world of digital SLRs. Before ordering my first DSLR, I bounced around on these forums and saw what others were doing and sought some advice. Armed with a little bit of information, I ordered a Nikon D5100 with the kit lens. Now I'm off to see what damage I can do.

Mr. Bill

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF! Sounds like you have laid out a plan to re-energize your photography hobby. Hope you post your images here - be sure to check out the Gallery section here. Have fun! :)

Thank you for the warm welcome. Most of my photos are of things that cannot run away from me. I have a modest collection of watches (no legs) that I photograph and post on the WatchuSeek forums. As I've posted elsewhere, I have struggled with focus issues with a point-and-shoot camera. Over the last week, I've learned more that over the last forty years so I'm hopeful I'll do better.

Mr. Bill

Most reactions

New Topics

Back