Hello from a newbie couple in Wisconsin!

Nophix

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! I've been lurking for quite a while trying to learn some things. My wife and I are both avid photography fans, but just this past winter were able to purchase our first DSLR. We picked up a Nikon D3100.

We're both trying to learn a few things. She's been trying to get into pro photography for several years, but raising kids has had her too busy. She's currently a stay-home mom. She isn't looking to make a killing, just something to eventually make a little extra money, that she still enjoys doing.

I'm an avid fanatic for journalism and written word. I'm also an avid motorcyclist and sport-touring rider. I've been trying to break into journalism, but it seems a major requirement is now being your own photographer.

Here's a couple of our first shots this year. The bike is my 2004 Kawasaki z1000.

1) Taken by me, first time out with the bike this year. Also, it was one of the first shoots I did with the camera.
DSC_0007 by Nophix, on Flickr

2) Taken by my wife. She was trying to figure out high-speed shots. Shot free-hand, tripod wasn't working for her.
DSC_0119.jpg

Last edited:
Hi.
Nice to see that you both are Photographic Partners ... kind of rare.

Panning takes practice !!

There is a bit too much going on in the background for #1. As for panning a shot as in #2 set the camera to AI servo remembering to keep "panning" for a second after actuating the shutter.

Most reactions

Back