Hello from Alberta, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by WesternGuy, Jan 4, 2011.

1. WesternGuy

WesternGuy Been spending a lot of time on here!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am a film photographer from a long-way back and converted to digital about 5 to 6 years ago and have never looked back. It is, however, becoming a very expensive hobby, but us retired folk need something to keep us from getting cabin fever and I am now able to spend more time on my photography than I could when I was working.

I just joined TPF recently, because this was one of the few forums I could find that had an HDR sub-forum in it and I have recently become interested in this form of digital photography, still a newbie at it though - learning the camera setup (5D Classic) and the software processing, as well as reading everything I can find about the subject. My main interests other than HDR include landscape, scenic and nature photography, bird photography, and macro. I use Lightroom 3.3 for my cataloging and about 75 to 80 % of my processing, with Photoshop CS5 taking up the rest. :thumbup:

My HDR processing to date has used the HDR Pro in CS5 and I am currently evaluating Photomatix Pro 4.0 and Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro for future considerations. I have a long way to go with HDR though.

So that is what I am all about. I look forward to learning from the experienced folks here and, of course, I hope that as my skills improve and mature, that I can return some of the helpful advice to newcomers that I have been given by others to date as I seek to learn here. :mrgreen:

Regards,

WesternGuy

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. altitude604

altitude604 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit

welcome! good to see another Canadian around. :)