Hello from Arizona!

dubiousone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdy all! Looked like a nice place so I think I'll sit a spell and enjoy!

My photography journey began oh, forty years ago; my first 'real' camera was a Mamiya 1000DTL (because I couldn't afford a Pentax on $1.10/hr, LOL. Took me darn near forty years to GET that Pentax, a K1000 I bought the same day as I got my first DSLR, a Nikon D50.

Back in the day I used to have LOTS of fun with that Mamiya which was replaced by a Canon A-1 which I used, as time went on, more for 'snapshots' than 'photography'. Eventually I went the route of the Powershots and cell phone cameras for a long while and my desire for a 'real' camera again led me to that D50. Of course the K1000...man, I forgot how much FUN shooting film can be! I generally tote my bag with a DSLR and a film camera because those don't do it for me and as I learn DSLR my film cameras remind me about exposure and such....besides, they're just plain FUN! (Soon to come perhaps, a medium format...maybe.)

Of course that led to finding a Mamiya 'almost' like the one I had, then I find a 1000DTL twin of my old camera AND then another Mamiya, and Another Pentax, then another, and THEN I find a super deal on a Pentax K100DS and suddenly that D7000 I've been thinking about... oh heck, when it happens I'll probably end up with BOTH Nikon and Pentax because I love both!

Welcome to the site.

Anyone still shooting a K1000 is okay with me :) Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

Back