Hello from Brisbane Australia

TakeUTime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
G'day mates
I have been taking pictures for some while, but not with a decent camera for along time. The last couple of years, since digital photography started, I shot more pictures than good for my hard drives, mostly quick shots, more crap than anything useful. Before that I used good old fashioned Minoltas, etc. However, the best (non fast moving) pictures I ever shot was all in complete manual mode, measuring the light, having the right ISO film, adjusting the time and lens and manual focus. Having to take care of it all brought the best out of me and experimenting opened a window to a new world.
Time passed by and as part of the life cycle, I came to inherit a fully functional, in mint condition, Leica R4 with motor and a variety of Lenses.

I would like to go back to basics with it, but instead of using the Leica R4, using a modern digital Camera. Getting a DSLR body, a camera-to-lens-adapter-ring and use the Leica Elmarit lenses. Maybe a Nikon D7000 or used D700 or a Canon D60???

Can I please get some input from you regarding my thoughts as mentioned above. Can it be done? Is it a sensible/meaningful thing to do? Would an other solution be more suitable? Am I off my mind?

Cheers
Patrick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back