hello from brooklyn

gypsyIX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymeredith.blogspot.com
hi, my name is meredith and i'm a photographer in brooklyn. well, lately i've been struggling... last summer a series of floods in my basement apartment destroyed most of my portfolios and most of my negatives too. i've been suffering through a *huge* creative block and i'm determined to overcome it.

i shoot entirely with film, mostly b&w, and i print everything myself. i'm so glad to find a forum where others do the same! (digital is just everywhere, isn't it?)

so anyway, i'm hoping everyone's wisdom and creativity will rub off on me and aid me in reinventing myself as the artist i once was, the artist that is still hiding inside me somewhere, afraid to come out. thanks in advance.

xoxo
meredith

What a tough break for you! seriously! I hope you can get back into the swing of it all soon - I'll be lookin for your stuff - Welcome!! :)

Glad your with us, im terribly sorry about your pictures/negatives, but youll build it back up soon so dont worry! :)

Im sorry but I do shoot digital, but a bit of film and do some of my own printing and stuff...
So welcome, and I hope we can help you! :)

welcome to tpf :) although I'm not a darkroom fan here but I'll soon be :)

Welcome to TPF, Meredith - that is a terrible story about the flooding. I do hope you will find some inspiration here, and we can help each other out! There are plenty of other darkroom/film geeks here, so you're in good company.

Hope to see some of your stuff soon! :D Don't be shy.

gypsy... welcome to TPF. So sorry to hear about the flooding! That sux big time! But, as someone else pointed out, you'll be back in full swing shortly.

Good to have you aboard!

Most reactions

Back