Hello from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

MPerni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello to everyone in this forum!! My name is Manuel Chavez, i am from Buenos Aires, Argentina, i´m 25 years old, almost getting the title of audiovisual designer (have to finish my essay!).
Like 11 months ago i found my passion with photography, in my last year of the carreer i got this free elective Classes i could choose (of anything, architecture, design, movie, photos, philosophy, etc...), and i get into photography. At that time i started shooting my first real photos with a 550D that i already own for making short movies. And from that moment i fell in love with photography. I really love street photography, journalistic photos, and all kind of documentary photos... I am also really shy, and i found in photography like a therapy to get in touch with completly strangers, i really like that.
This month i also found analog photography and i am now between both, digital and analog. I am shooting with both.

This are some of my shots in this 11 months (I also put some links in my signatures of a new proyect i started)
Digital (I have changed my camera to a 5d mark iii for video and also for photos)

pTpRxL6.jpg

EjSIrP4.jpg

and Analog (With a nikon n90 a friend gave me, i also have a nikon EM of my mother but it´s in repair)

2mLx9Lo.jpg

6uBeYvn.jpg

Thanks for the space, and sry if my enlgish isn´t that good (will be around here so i improve it :lmao: )

Nice images. You're english is just fine. Welcome and thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome! I agree your English is fine, and as you interact more with us, it will only get better!

Very nice photos...check out our Gallery section as you decide to post more, that is the best way to get feedback on your work. We also have an active Film section here, for all things analog, so check it out.

Happy shooting!

Thank you all!
I have been looking the sections of the forum and i saw the analog section, and some others, tomorrow (cause now it´s 10pm and i have to work early, time to bed!) i will read more and try to post something!

Welcome aboard Manuel!

I like your photos...for 11 months into photography they are superb; you have a very photojournalistic style. There are a ton of interesting people in Buenos Aires so I recommend you start a 50 person portrait project. Good Luck!

I really like to go out in the streets, to manifestations (here are every day, is a mess, but if you love this kinda photos is gold that you can grab it with your hands) or just a normal walk. I have learned almost all in my audiovisual career, composition, lighting, etc... The only thing that i was needing was practice, and god knows i woke up the first months, sundays and saturdays, at 7/8am to go out early to the streets haha, i was kinda obsessed in those days. Also looking for some others works (I have to thanks amazon and their system for this, here in Argentina you can´t find more than 10 photography books, nothing...), in this months i bought books from Vivian Mayer, Bruce Davidson, James Nachtway, Robert Frank, Magnum books, and more, i have my small photography library...
I would love to make some of those proyects, but in this days, since i am a bit bussy with the work and the university, i am doing this street photos proyect that don´t take me so much time (I could try to take some close up portraits in my weekend walks). Some months ago i made a portrait proyect that i called "Nacionalidades" (Nationality in english) that´s about of the diferent cultures that you can find in the city of Buenos Aires, tomorrow that i have more time i will try to make another topic and upload the photos.

Thank you all!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back