Hello from Canada

Elvis56

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. Looking to purchase my first dslr very soon and get into photography. Ttyl

Central Alberta. Red Deer area.

Hi and welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here and getting a new camera.

Hi everyone. Looking to purchase my first dslr very soon and get into photography. Ttyl
Welcome! If you are seeking advice on cameras to consider your budget and the type of photography you are interested in would be useful. Any weight considerations would be useful too.

Welcome aboard

Thanks everyone. I started a thread to get advice on a new buy. My budget is a little tight right now and originally I was going to buy a 500-600 dollar camcorder for family video recording. I was unaware that the newer cameras took video as well so when I found that out I decided to find a camera that shoots decent pictures but is also designed to be video friendly as well, such as the nikon d5500. I was very uninspired by the new crop of small, junky feeling camcorders on the market so now will try to fill the void with a dslr. Weight is a non issue, and im not too picky about much of anything as Im not doing any of this professionally. Thanks.

Now you've gone and done it.

Never let them know you're Canadian. Your now doomed to photos of igloos and huskies.

P.S. We're taking over eh! Just apologise after it's all done and it'll be okay. :p

Welcome to TPF.

Now you've gone and done it.

Never let them know you're Canadian. Your now doomed to photos of igloos and huskies.

P.S. We're taking over eh! Just apologise after it's all done and it'll be okay. :p

Welcome to TPF.

Don't forget plaid shirts and moose jerky!

Welcome also!

Welcome aboard eh!

Yeah, the 'camcorder' or entry level video camera has all but disappeared. Phones these days can take just as good (or better) video and DSLR cameras are in many ways superior...so there just isn't a market for them anymore.

The downside is that DSLR cameras and phones weren't designed specifically for video, like those old camcorders.

Any modern DSLR will likely do what you want it to do. I would suggest going into a good camera store and trying out a few different models/brands. I think Reddeer has a McBain camera, check them out.

Welcome to the forum. Don't mind Dean, there's nothing wrong with plaid shirts. I resemble that remark!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back