Hello from China

Qianqian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there,my name is Qianqian Zhang and you can call me Jessica=)

I am from Inner Mongolia,north China.I work for a a photography salon in Inner Mongolia now,but honestly I donot know much about photography and I would like to learn more from here and would like to communicate with you guys=)

I also like music very much btw=)

P.S(Please forgive my broken English=()

Hi! Your English is actually really good! So what do you do at the photography salon?

Hi! Your English is actually really good! So what do you do at the photography salon?

Hey,thanks for your nice words=)

My main job right now is to help them to use the imported equipments,cuz the user guide is always in English.And I am also in charge of the international affairs,like organizing international exhibitions.I just started working here a month ago,so basically I am still at a newbie's stage=(

I found it is hard to translate the photography vacabulary right if I know few about photography.so I bought a camera and began to learn photography and I realizedthat I like it very much,so the greedy enter-level photographer Jessica is here!=)

Welcome and this is a great place to learn, when asking the right questions

So I suspect that you've lived in the States for quite a while. Why? Here's my observation.

"you guys", "cus", "newbie" etc are not standard English. You don't learn that in a formal English class especially in a non-English speaking country. They may teach you these "slangs", but there's no way you will learn to use it as naturally as you did.

Then, "realized" means you learnt American English, unless of course if you are relying on the American style spelling editor, it will guide you to the "Z" automatically.

Your sentence structure and grammar is almost perfect. Punctuation isn't complete but I guess that's just laziness. This is rare among non-native English speakers because I have a ton of Chinese friends who have been here for many years (schooling and working) and not one of them really has a good grasp of English language to this level. It may seem basic, but it takes a lot of attention to detail to get everything right. So my guess is you've grown up in the states?

If my hypothesis is wrong, then you definitely get the champion title for language learning in my book!

Sorry, long day at work and just bored..... that's probably the weirdest welcome ever.

Hey~~haha,call me "the champion of language learning"=)

I've never been abroad ,just studied English in school.
Three years' ABC in middle school,three years' grammer in high school,and those are only "Dumb English",cuz I know how to do exams ,but donot know how to speak it out.My major when I was in university is English,I dare to open my mouth and talk with my English teacher who is from US by that moment.

The reason why I have a very strong American accent when I speak English is becuz,I think,I worked with my foreigners who are from US before and I like watching American movies very much.For some reason I have huge passion for language learning ,nd music as well~~=)

But what you said really makes my day,"long day at work and just bored",hanging around forums is a big fun and seeing your reply makes it FUN-er.

This is the coolest welcome ever never.

So I suspect that you've lived in the States for quite a while. Why? Here's my observation.

"you guys", "cus", "newbie" etc are not standard English. You don't learn that in a formal English class especially in a non-English speaking country. They may teach you these "slangs", but there's no way you will learn to use it as naturally as you did.

Then, "realized" means you learnt American English, unless of course if you are relying on the American style spelling editor, it will guide you to the "Z" automatically.

Your sentence structure and grammar is almost perfect. Punctuation isn't complete but I guess that's just laziness. This is rare among non-native English speakers because I have a ton of Chinese friends who have been here for many years (schooling and working) and not one of them really has a good grasp of English language to this level. It may seem basic, but it takes a lot of attention to detail to get everything right. So my guess is you've grown up in the states?

If my hypothesis is wrong, then you definitely get the champion title for language learning in my book!

Sorry, long day at work and just bored..... that's probably the weirdest welcome ever.

Hi
welcome.......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back