Hello from Colorado springs, CO

Chasethorn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, My name is Chase and I have been shooting as a hobbyist for a little over 5 years now. I would like to get serious and really get into photography but am not sure how to pursue my photography. I am going to college next spring so I would like to know what I could study! I am currently going to an all online school and have entered some photo contests and have won awards for some of my stuff, the classes are more of a "take it and turn it in" rather than learning photography in general. I have mainly shot 35mm and developed in Caffenol C for sometime now and never had the money for a nice DSLR. I recently got rid of my film gear as I just got to lazy to develop roll after roll... I do have a Canon rebel EOS xt that was sort of given to me by my girlfriends dad.

Can't wait to learn from and talk with you all!

Welcome aboard.

This forum was started by a guy named Chase. He's since sold it and moved on...so I guess there is room for a new Chase. :lol:

Hi Chase, I am also a noob ;)
It sure looks like a great place to ask questions, learn and to see a lot of amazing talent.

I used to live in Colorado Springs, just north of Colorado College on Nevada Ave.
THis was a long time ago, before it became Belief Central and it was just a sort of military town.

..so I would like to know what I could study!

Have you selected you major yet? Whatever you choose, you can take electives in other fields. for the photography enthusiast I recommend nearly any course in fine art appreciation. It will teach you to observe and analyse art which any photographer could use.

..so I would like to know what I could study!

Have you selected you major yet? Whatever you choose, you can take electives in other fields. for the photography enthusiast I recommend nearly any course in fine art appreciation. It will teach you to observe and analyse art which any photographer could use.
I have not selected anything and have no idea what to choose! I come from a very art based family as most of my family are all oil painters. I on the other hand paint some, sketch, and take photos. I just want to get better at taking photos and really get to know and understand my camera when I get the t3i soon. (I hope)

Don't overlook the fact that you will have to have a career with which to pay the bills. If all you want to do is to "get better at taking photos", then all you have to do is to join a local camera club. Learn who among them is the more accurate criticizer, and hang on his every word. Take notes. Ask questions. Try doing what he tells you. Often the local high school will conduct a class on photography for very cheap. Then when you are in college, study art appreciation as an elective.

Welcome aboard.

This forum was started by a guy named Chase. He's since sold it and moved on...so I guess there is room for a new Chase. :lol:
Do you think it's been long enough....? :scratch:

:lol: Welcome to the forum, Chase! Enjoy!

Welcome to TPF! :thumbup:

I agree an art appreciation course and/or some basic graphic arts design classes would help the artistic part of your photography.
Photography is an interesting melding of visual art composition and design and the technical knowledge/skill needed to control the camera/lens/light to make the image you want.

My mom was a graphic designer for 18+ years! she knows a thing or two :) I am not looking to "pay the bills" but am looking for something along the lines of art and design that use photography.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back