Hello from Denver CO

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I am new here. I'm still very new to photography, I got my first DLSR (Canon 70D) last August so about 9 months now. I am totally addicted and cant stop reading and and experimenting. I have several coral reefs which is was got me wanting to learn how to take better pictures but as ive become more interested in other types of photography such as Macro, Landscapes, and low light photography, I dont really take too many pictures of my aquariums anymore.

Im still trying to find my place and playing with a lot of different types of photography in hopes I can find just one or two areas to focus.

Im hoping to learn a lot from others here and am hoping you all wont be too hard on me. To be perfectly hones I was a a little reluctant to join an actual photography forum not knowing if I was ready yet for a lot of harsh criticism. Im sure that wont be the case and am open to constructive criticism from anyone willing to help me learn to be a better photographer

Here are couple pics to get me started. Please let me know what comments you have.
Cheers!

Welcome to TPF.
Nice shots, and I'm glad you clarified about the reef being in an aquarium. Thought the big on hit the west coast and took a little more than Cali with it.

Thanks! Yeah we are in the middle of a blizzard at the moment but my Colorado home isn't ocean front just yet. :)

Thanks! Yeah we are in the middle of a blizzard at the moment but my Colorado home isn't ocean front just yet. :)

Welcome! I also live in Denver and was stuck in 2ft of snow yesterday. Was hoping to get out to Roxborough to photograph the snow on the red rock, but it's back to work today!

You''re off to a pretty good start from the looks of those shots. If you decide to do a little wildlife or bird shooting first place to go is the Refuge out at the arsenal. Also some great shots to be had at the El Dorado State Park just out of Boulder up the canyon a short distance. And for a bit of travel away from the madding photographers you might heaad out on the prairie to Grasslands NWR and Pawnee Buttes area. Especially as soon as the prairie chickens start booming. g'Luk

Welcome! I also live in Denver and was stuck in 2ft of snow yesterday. Was hoping to get out to Roxborough to photograph the snow on the red rock, but it's back to work today!

Thanks! good to see at least one or two other Denver peeps are active here. Id be curious if there are any local clubs or regualr events anyone knows of wher I might be able to meet some people?

You''re off to a pretty good start from the looks of those shots. If you decide to do a little wildlife or bird shooting first place to go is the Refuge out at the arsenal. Also some great shots to be had at the El Dorado State Park just out of Boulder up the canyon a short distance. And for a bit of travel away from the madding photographers you might heaad out on the prairie to Grasslands NWR and Pawnee Buttes area. Especially as soon as the prairie chickens start booming. g'Luk

Its funny you should mention Eldorado Canyon. I work in Boulder and got that very first shot at one of the trail heads in Eldorado. That was my first attempt at astrophotography, Ill have to check out the other places you mentioned as well. Thanks for the warm welcome!

You''re off to a pretty good start from the looks of those shots. If you decide to do a little wildlife or bird shooting first place to go is the Refuge out at the arsenal.

Thanks! good to see at least one or two other Denver peeps are active here. Id be curious if there are any local clubs or regualr events anyone knows of wher I might be able to meet some people?

Its funny you should mention Eldorado Canyon. I work in Boulder and got that very first shot at one of the trail heads in Eldorado. That was my first attempt at astrophotography, Ill have to check out the other places you mentioned as well. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wanted to add that if you give the wildlife thing a try you do not need the super-telephotos to begin with. Go for the wildlife environment shots. that is where the subject is NOT a portrait shot but a smaller element in the overall scene. Personally I prefer those types of shots. Check out Tom Manglesen (and others) for what these look like. He has some fantastic shots up in Jackson Hole where moose, elk, bear etc are quite small in the photo, but become even more interesting subjects as a result.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back