Hello from Georgia!!!

ardevas09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello and welcome to another obligatory "I'm new" thread! My name is anthony and I live in Augusta, Ga. It's one of the bigger areas of georgia, thankfully. :lol:

My interest of photography has grown severely in the past couple of years, as it has seemed to do to most. And one day, on a whim, I went out and purchased a Nikon D40, which is what I'm still using. Mind you, I haven't done much with it at all. In all honesty, the first year of purchase, I maybe took like 25 pictures.

Then I started looking more into photography threads on other forums that I frequent, and realized it would be pretty awesome to get the same results as some of the works i've seen. Accordingly, I picked my camera up and started shooting... poorly.

Now, I'm a little more serious. I still don't think the quality of photos i take are on par at all, however, i'm taking the time to understand more and more about depth and lighting, which seem to be the most difficult part of photography for me. I'm not much of a photoshop kinda guy, but i don't think it harms a lot either if you know what you're doing. Most PS'd pictures I see are just terrible though

Anyway, my current equipment is very, very basic. A D40, 18-55 and a 55-200. UV and Polarizer filters and some hoods, a tripod... that's about it.

I need a flash diffuser for sure, which is just something i haven't bought out of pure laziness, but for as beginner as I am, I feel as though I won't even begin to tap all the functionality of what i'm already using.

Thanks for reading and I hope to learn a lot. And I assure you i'll look through all the FAQ's and utilize the search function to the fullest before asking a question!

Anthony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back