Hello from Georgia

Miladymimi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At present, photography is a hobby of mine. It has been a hobby for a very long time. Up until recently, I've been content to take mountains of photos and pray, that by some miracle of fate, some of them might be the gems I was seeking. Now I'm trying to understand the why's as well as the how's, so that maybe the pictures in my mind will actually show up in the finished product. I've taken some classes and I'm beginning to understand more and more, but there are still some areas that elude me. From this point, I think it's down to experience and a bit of trial and error. My hope is that this will be a place to pose questions when I get stumped and to learn from the questions and advise of others.

My favorite photos are of children. I love to take these pictures and they are the ones that touch me the most. Funny how a photo of a child can make you want to laugh or cry or just revel in the pure unhidden emotions you find there. Getting these special images is my greatest joy with a camera and it's like opening a present at Christmas when I sit down at the computer and see them on the screen for the first time. In the back of my mind I keep that little idea of a studio specializing in child photography, but we'll have to wait and see.

I also like nature photography and I try to keep my camera handy to catch that sweet little bird or interesting bug or incredible sunset. It drives me crazy to be diving down the road and see what would be a fabulous picture and invariably I won't have my camera with me. But I do normally have to stop and just look at it anyway. Oh, and the phone on your camera, it doesn't get the job done. :)

I look forward to learning here. Thank you in advance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back